Copper For Your Health
Copper is useful to the human body in many ways.
* It is a powerful antioxidant
* Can help with your arthritis pain
* Helps oxidize glucose and release energy
* Helps the body absorb iron
* Facilitates the activity of several enzymes
* Assists the thyroid gland in balancing and secreting hormones
* Carries oxygen within the blood
* Supplies body tissue with oxygen
* Increases body energy levels
* Supports brain and nerve function
* Essential for normal growth and health
* Has a significant role in the synthesis of hemoglobin - Hemoglobin is necessary for the body to repair and heal itself
* Can reduce bad cholesterol levels and helps in increasing beneficial cholesterol
* Promotes healing of wounds
* Used in the treatment of anemia
* Lowers blood pressure
There are multiple ways the body can absorb copper including via vitamins, supplements, food, and even jewelry. If copper jewelry is worn, the copper is absorbed directly into the blood stream and can help maintain the delicate balance of zinc to copper ratio in the body. People should consult with their physician if a deficiency is suspected.
Copper also has strong antibacterial properties (also known as antimicrobial). Antimicrobial uses of copper have been expanded to include fungicides, pesticides, antifouling paints, antimicrobial medicines, oral hygiene products, hygienic medical devices, antiseptics and sinks for the kitchen and bathroom.